Friday, January 1, 2010

Beans


Well today on $5 Dinner blog they have a challenge. I am going to try and with me being on a weight challenge as well. I need to cook health, which is getting better. We have put salad in more of our meals. Next we will add beans.

I have to tell you all about my bean making. I cook a lot of pinto beans, but it was my first try at Kidney beans. The beans did not come out to good they were really mushy. Well $5 Dinner tutorial made light of everything and I can freeze it to. Here is what she said.

One can will cost about $.79 per can. I know this has to be on sale.
It cost $.97 for 1lb bag of beans. I think you will have to find this on sale to. So keep your eyes open.
one bag makes about 8 cups of beans which equals to 4 cans. This is about $.25 per can. wow big difference. Kidney beans are good in salads and high in protein.

Ready set let the journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment