Sunday, December 20, 2009

5 k walk (3.1 miles) In an hour

After I wrote the last blog I just had to check out about 5k walks. I need to start setting my goal for this. You know I have a vision now, not just losing weight but something I want to accomplish in life. That is what the tapes say that I am listening to. Now it is starting to make sense on what they are saying. I googled about 5k walks and this article was the best. About.com, 5k walk Training Schedule for Beginners. That is me in a nutshell. They give great tips on how to do this. I printed it out and put this on my wall of encouragement. I do suggest a wall of encouragement this helps a lot. Put positive scriptures, quotes or sayings out there to look at daily.

Stating Monday if the weather permits I am going for a 15 min. walk that is it around my block. I think we can all have 15 min. I know I spend 15 min looking around. Hey I pick up the new All You magazine to. They have a great article in there about Drop 18 pounds. I love this magazine, this is my all time favorite. Here is something that was interesting: Obese people spend $1,429 more on medical expenses. Source: Health Affairs. I took that out of the magazine.

Ready set let the journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment